Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quick Trip Report for 4-24-08

I started off the day at Epcot. I arrived there around 11am, or so. It was pretty crowded, but more congested in Future World. Spaceship Earth had a 40 minute wait, so I headed around World Showcase. I went counter-clockwise, starting in Canada. I stopped at America for some lunch. I had nothing for breakfast so I was quite hungry. I had a bacon double cheeseburger with fries, a large coke, and a brownie. The burger and fries were good, but the brownie wasn't nearly as good as freshly baked brownies.

I should mention that I haven't been to the parks for a while, like over a month! I know! So I decided that today I was just going to enjoy the parks and not bring my camera with me, as I usually do. I would have brought my cell phone, but the battery is dead and I'm still waiting for a new charger from Amazon.com, but thats an entirely different story. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that, because I will be posting only one picture with this report. But that's coming a little later.

After lunch, I made my way over to ride Maelstrom, which had a 5 min wait, (WALK-ON!). I noticed that it seemed like it recently got a new paint job. All the colors were much brighter and richer. Also at the end of the ride, when you "splash down" by that big... oil platform? thing, the lights on the platform where all functional, and it looked very new. I then dodged the film, and headed over to Test Track and Mission: SPACE only to find what I had expected, super long lines.

So I figured I'd get some free Coke from China. Once I was refreshed, I walked over to Spaceship Earth. I only waited here because it is an Omnimoving ride and for the most part, the line was always moving. About 25 min later I was beginning my journey into the past. Here comes that picture I told you about. This was "my future" postcard thing:

So anyway, after that I headed over to The Magic Kingdom. I first headed to the TTA, and followed that up with a spin on the CoP. Next I got a Tropical Fruit Smoothie from that ice cream place in Tomorrowland, the name of which escapes me right now. With a brain freeze creeping its way up my spine and into my cranium, I headed on over to visit Master Gracey and the other 998 happy haunts.

Once I returned to my "corruptible, mortal state," I went to Frontierland and actually waited in line for Splash Mountain for 90+ min! I'm not sure why really. I guess I was tired of walking around in the sun, since most of Splash's queue is shady...in a good way. As I finally emerged from the briar patch, a bit moister than before, I decided to head home for the day.

Earlier this morning, my brother asked me to bring back a big chocolate chip cookie and a coffee from the parks. Well I didn't find the big cookie so I got a box of Double Chocolate Chip Cookies and a variety pack of Mickey's Coffee. I'll be posting reviews of those to goodies soon!

No comments:

The World for One